While using an HP Printer to print your documents, you may not always have a smoother experience because technical glitches may arise like an invited guest. And, in such a situation you have no choice but to find out the solutions to get out of that problem as soon as possible. However, getting out of a particular problem with your HP Printer may not be as easy as you might be thinking especially when you do not know the actual cause behind it. The same has happened with users who have recently come across HP Printer 79 Service Error while using their printers.
Hence, the post below has been dedicated to resolving this problem and finding out the major reasons responsible for this error. But, first, we will see what this error means. So, without wasting any more time, let’s explore more details about this error.
What is 79 Service Error on HP Printer?
When you see this error while printing any document from your HP Printer, it possibly hints towards the fact that there is a serious problem with your printer. Most probably, the printer drivers may have become corrupted, the printer firmware has gone outdated, or the print job is corrupted. Due to this, the printer spooler may not process the print commands properly. As a result, you will not be able to print documents until you take actions to fix this error shortly.
Why am I seeing Hewlett Packard service error 79?
Apart from the reasons discussed in the previous section, there are some more factors responsible for this issue. Here is the list that you can check out and learn what could be causing this issue on your printer:
- Your device is not receiving uninterrupted network signals
- A part of the printer’s hardware has been damaged
- There is an issue with the DIMMs or the Motherboard of the printer
- The cable connections that are attached to your printer are damaged
- Again, an outdated firmware could also result in this problem
- The document you are trying to print has been sourced from a suspicious link
- Apart from this, the service error may also show up when you restart your device multiple times
- When you try to print a file with too large a size, the error is sure to trouble you
Ways to fix HP 79 Service Error- HP LaserJet Pro
Below we have listed the most obvious ways to fix HP 79 Service Error on LaserJet Pro 200, 400, 500, 1536dnf MFP:
1- Restart your printer
- At first, power off your printer
- Pull out the power cord
- Wait for a minute
- Re-plug the cords
- Press the power button
- And let the printer start
If the HP Printer 79 Service Error appears once again, then there are high chances that there is an issue with the printer firmware. To fix a firmware-related issue, you should try to update it or get it re-installed.
2- Reinstall HP Printer Drivers
To reinstall printer drivers on your device, here is a detailed procedure you can follow:
- At first, click on the “Start” button
- Then, open the Control Panel from there
- Now, choose the “Uninstall a Program” option
- Then, take action to delete your printer
- Now, go to the “Device Manager” of your device
- Locate the “Print Queues” and uninstall your printer from there
- Restart your printer and go to HP’s official site
- From here, install the latest printer drivers on your device
Along with printer drivers, the hp printer assistant will also get installed on your system.
3- Restart Printer Spooler service
If you are still seeing HP Printer 79 Service Error, then you may try to restart the printer spooler services by following the instructions given below:
- Open the Task Manager and choose “Services”
- From there, choose “Print Spooler”
- Take your cursor over it and right-click on it
- Then, click on the “Restart” option
- Print a test page and see if the error appears or not
Most probably, the error would not show up if you try the solutions explained in the section above. However, if you still see the HP Printer 79 Service Error, then you will need to contact HP Support to find relevant information concerning your problem. Apart from this, you can also try to delete the print queue, print another document, or get the firmware updated to fix this error.