There are a number of users who use Word software to create different kinds of documents every day. But, the best thing about is that you can take the printout of the document that you have created. However, some documents that you need to take the printout of, may contain some tables, charts, or figures that are colored. When you print such documents without making the necessary changes, the printout you get is colored. However, users at times, might not want this to happen and they may require the document to print black and white only.
So, in order to be sure that your document contains only black and white colors, you can make the necessary changes to its configurations. In this article, we shall learn the method to change the Word settings in such a manner that it does not print in any other color except black and white.
How to print in black and white Windows 10?
- Open ‘Word’ and click on the ‘File’ tab at the top.
- Then, select the ‘Print’ option for the file you wish to print.
- Now, from the drop-down under ‘Printers’, select your printer.
- Select the ‘Printer Properties’ link from the menu.
- Choose the tab titled ‘Color’ or ‘Advanced’.
- To print in black and white, select ‘black cartridge’ or ‘black and white only.’
- Choose ‘OK’ to confirm your action and start printing.
- To finally print your document, tap ‘Print’.
The method to print black and white on Mac
- Locate the Word document you want to print using the Mac Finder.
- Then, right-click on it and choose ‘Open with’.
- Then, tap on the ‘Preview’ option.
- In the ‘Preview’ page tap on the ‘File’ option.
- Now, tap on the ‘Print’ option for the same file.
- On the ‘Print’ menu, select the option reading as ‘Black and White’.
- This option should be present next to the ‘Copies’ option.
- Mae other necessary settings and finally select ‘Print’.
Fix HP printer only printing black and white
Although there is no proper fix, there are some things you can try to get rid of the issues. You can either contact HP Printer Support or uninstall your printer and then re-install it again.
- Go to the ‘Programs and Features’ menu.
- Then, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Select the printer you wish to remove.
- Then, tap on the ‘Printer server properties’ option.
- On the pop-up you see, tap on the ‘Drivers’ tab.
- Now, delete all the drivers related to your HP printer model.
- Delete any other instances of the printer, if there.
- Restart your PC and re-install your printer drivers from the HP Support website.
Now, we shall learn some more things about the same topic in the frequently asked questions listed below. These questions will let you have deeper insights on the same.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I print a PDF in black and white?
- First, open the PDF that you need to print.
- Go to the toolbar at the top and tap ‘File’.
- Choose the ‘Print’ option and select ‘Preferences’.
- Then, select the ‘Color’ tab and choose ‘Print on Greyscale’.
- Now, select ‘Use black ink cartridge’.
- Click ‘OK’ and select ‘Print’.
How do I change my printer settings from black and white to color?
- Tap on ‘Start’ and select ‘Devices and Printers’.
- Then, locate your printer and right-click on it.
- Choose ‘Printing Preferences’.
- Select ‘Color’ > Print in color > ‘Apply’.
Why is my printer only printing in grayscale?
Your printer will print in greyscale if you have chosen the print in black and white option for the same. If you do not want to print your documents in black and white or greyscale, open the ‘Printing Preferences’ tab by right-tapping on your ‘Printer’. Here, you can change your color settings, by tapping on the ‘Advanced’ tab.