Canon printers are known for their quality services that can be seen when you send the printer commands and the quality of printed documents is given by the printer is up0to the mark. There are some access points that are also known as hubs, this features the automatic connection button that is given as “WPS”. And as you know wifi protected setup and it allows the permitted devices in order to connect to the network without needing to access the password. This is one of the easiest ways to connect the PIXMA printer and you can access the point as a WPS button and then you just have to select the “WPS Connection Method” to connect. Through this article, you can get assistance to perform the canon printer setup for Windows and Mac. So let’s get started!
Prerequisites before you set up the canon printer
Before you perform the steps to canon printer setup, there are certain prerequisites before you set up the canon printer, here are these:
- You need to make sure that the printer is switched on and properly connected for the setup process.
- Ethernet cable is needed for the wired connections.
- You need to have drivers and already installed on the system installed
- Ensure that the printer is switched on and properly connected for setup.
- For wired connections, an Ethernet cable is required.
- You need to connect the printer to the internet and check the speed.
- If the router is there, you need to connect the computer and the printer to the router.
How to perform the steps to Canon Printer Setup for Windows OS?
In order to establish the canon printer setup, you have to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all, you need to tap on the “Start” button and then click on the “Settings” to open it.
- After this, you need to click on the “Settings window and then tap on the “Devices” option.
- Under this option, you need to select the “Printer and scanners” and then select the option labeled on the screen.
- You have to add the printer or scanner and this will add the printer to the list.
- Just connect it to the same network as the printer.
Point to remember: To make the canon wireless printer setup, you have to complete the setup on the device by the steps discussed. It is important to acknowledge that once the setup is finished, you will surely have an option to start using your printer. Finally, once you are done with the steps, the printing from the Windows and the canon wireless printer setup is completed.
What are the steps for Canon Printer Setup for Mac OS?
There are few steps that you need to consider while doing canon printer setup, and these are as follows:
- In the first step, you have to select the “System Preferences” and then choose the “Printers & scanners” option.
- Just select the “+” symbol to add the printer to initiate the canon printer wifi setup process.
- You have to select the printer and then add it to the list.
- After this, you have to connect the Mac device and the printer to the same network as the router.
- You need to take a test to print the pages in order to make sure that the connection is ok.
- In the case of the router, you need to connect the Mac device and printer to the same working networks.
- Make sure the connection is perfect to print the pages.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that through this article, you will get clarity on the instructions to canon printer setup. However, if you are still stuck up with the steps or you want to know more and gather more pieces of information then we recommend you to visit the official website and get assistance for the same.
Related article – Download and Install Canon Drivers and Software