Like other printers, Lexmark Printers may also suffer from several printing problems. Once you get an issue with your Lexmark Printer then you will not be able to print using it. There could be several factors after the Lexmark Printer printing problems such as connectivity issue, printer driver settings, outdated or corrupted printer drivers issue, print jobs are stuck in the queue, and paper jammed issue.
However, these factors can be resolved by the Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process. The complete troubleshooting process is explained by us in this post. The ways to fix the Lexmark Printer problems are quite easy and simple. Let’s move forward to discuss the quick solutions for the Lexmark Printers printing problems.
General Instructions for troubleshooting Lexmark Printer problems
- Check that the Lexmark Printer is turned on and the power light is blinking on it
- Confirm that all the cables that are connected with your printer are tightened properly
- Look whether the connection between your printer and computer is established or not
- Try to restart your Lexmark Printer
- Remove the power cord and check whether any paper is jammed in the machine and toner is installed properly or not
- Check that paper is loaded in the main tray or not
- Hard reset your Lexmark Printer then set up it again
Steps for Lexmark wireless printer troubleshooting printhead
You can troubleshoot the printhead error on your Lexmark Printer by cleaning the contacts on the printhead. To do so, follow the steps that are given below for Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process.
- Visit the ‘Menu’ section on your Lexmark Printer and select the ‘Replace Printhead’ option
- Now, you need to open the Lexmark Printer and lift the latch
- Then, remove the printhead from the printer carrier
- Now, clean the contacts on the printhead carefully
- Then, using a lint-free cloth, wipe the printhead contacts
- Now, re-insert the removed printhead back to its place carefully
- Close the cover and take a print test to check whether the printhead error is fixed or not
- Finally, you have completed the steps for Lexmark wireless printer troubleshooting printhead
Way to fix Lexmark Printer won’t connect to WiFi Issue
If you are unable to connect your Lexmark Printer to your router’s network then you need to approach the steps that are given below to connect your printer to your router using the WPS button on your router.
- Visit the control panel of your Lexmark Wireless Printer
- Now, find and select the ‘WiFi’ icon on it
- Then, you will find the ‘Networks’ option, tap on it
- In this section, find the address of your router and tap on it
- Now, approach your router to find and long-pres the WPS button on it
- After pressing the WPS button on your router, wait for a while and let your printer establish connection with your router’s network
- Now, you will realize that green/blue light has started blinking on your Lexmark Printer
- Finally, you have completed the steps to establish the connection between your Lexmark Printer and router
Method to install the latest version of printer drivers
An outdated or corrupted version of printer drivers may create the Lexmark Printer offline issue on your printer. So, you need to keep your printer drivers up to date to avoid the Lexmark Printer won’t print issue on it. To install the latest version of Lexmark Printer drivers you need to follow the steps that are given below.
- Using a browser of your computer, visit the Lexmark Printer Support Page
- Now, type the model name of your printer in the corresponding field
- Then, tap on the ‘Find Drivers and Downloads’ button
- When you find the latest version file of printer drivers, tap on the ‘Download’ button
- Now, wait for a while and let the file be downloaded on your computer
- Then, find the file by visiting the ‘Downloads’ folder on your computer and select the ‘Run as Administrator’ option
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to install the printer drivers on your computer
- Finally, you have completed the steps for the Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process
To sum up, whenever you find an error or issue on your Lexmark Printer you do not need to be panic about it as the solutions are easy and quick to fix the issues with your printer. There are some general instructions that will help you to fix the common errors like no paper issue, cartridges empty issue, loosened cable issues, and no power issue on your Lexmark Printer. We have also illustrated solutions for specific printer problems like printhead issues, WiFi network issues, and outdated or corrupted printer drivers issues in this post. We hope that you have learned about the Lexmark Printer troubleshooting and diagnostics process by referring to this post.