Brother Printers provides the most advanced and smart printing devices. You can get high-resolution prints and use them wirelessly. While using these devices, sometimes you face problems as well. The common issues that generally occur in Brother Printers are print quality, WiFi, and paper jam issues. Whether you are using a Brother laser printer or other printer models such as Brother MFC 290c, Brother Hl2270DW, Brother MFC290c, Brother MFC 240c, and Brother MFCJ825DW, you may face problems with your Brother Printer. People who are facing any type of issue with their Brother Printer can clear out them by going through the Brother Printer troubleshooting user guide. This guide will help you to troubleshoot different issues that you are facing with your Brother Printer.
So, if you are also a Brother Printer user and looking for troubleshooting options to fix the problems that you are facing with it then you need to refer to this post as this read is going to be on the troubleshooting guide for different Brother Printer problems.
Brother Printer troubleshooting user guide
The general guide to troubleshot Brother Printer problems is given below. Make sure to read the guide carefully and implement the solutions to fix the issues.
- Ensure that the Brother machine is plugged in and it is connected to the AC power supply
- Confirm that the toner cartridge and the drum is installed correctly
- Also, look for the drum placement in your Brother Printer. In case you detect any issue with the drums, change them immediately
- Check that the interface cable connection is in good condition both on your printer and computer
- Ensure that the correct printer driver has been installed on your computer
- Look at your screen, in case you are getting Brother Printer offline or Brother Printer not printing issue then clear out these issues immediately
Brother printer troubleshooting print quality
Brother Printer users who are experiencing the bad print quality issue need to follow the tips that are given below:
- Make sure to use the papers that are recommended by Brother Printer. Avoid using curled paper or one-sided printed paper. Now, to get high print quality, you need to use recommended paper and take a print test.
- Ensure that the settings in the printer driver match the type of paper that you are using. If necessary, choose the correct media type and take a print test again.
- In case the toner cartridges are not installed properly then install them properly to fix the print quality issues.
- Confirm that the drum unit is installed properly or not. If required, set the drum to its correct position.
Brother printer troubleshooting WiFi
You may face WiFi issues with your Brother Printer, in the case, the printer driver is not updated and your printer is not added to the computer. But before that ensure that your WiFi router is in working condition or not. If there is any type of issue with the router then you need to fix it first as it may be that you are facing connection issues due to this reason. Solutions for Brother Printer troubleshooting to WiFi are as follows:
Solution 1: Update the printer driver
Using the updated and compatible printer driver may help you to resolve the Brother Printer WiFi issues. To fix this issue, the Brother Printer troubleshooting user guide is as follows:
- Open a web browser on your Windows computer or Mac
- Now, you need to go to the Brother Printer Support page
- Visit the search box and type the model name of your machine
- Now, you need to click the ‘Download latest version’ option
- Once you get the driver file, follow the path to install it
- After installing the update, take a print test to check whether the issue has been fixed or not
Solution 2: Add the printer to the computer
In case you are still facing the Brother Printer WiFi issues, follow the path to configure the printer driver settings. You can check whether the printer is added to your computer or not. In case the printer is not added to your device, follow the steps to add it quickly:
- Open your Windows/Mac and connect it to a WiFi network
- Now, click on the ‘Start’ icon to find more options
- Find the ‘Settings’ icon and click on it
- Now, choose ‘Devices and Scanners’ from the settings
- When found, click on the ‘Add a new device’ option
- Now, you need to look for the address name of your printer
- Click on the name of your printer and then follow the on-screen prompts
- When asked, confirm the device, enter the WPS PIN in the required field
- Now, wait for a few minutes and let the computer authenticate your Brother Printer
Brother printer troubleshooting paper jam
Brother Printer owners who are facing paper jam issues need to follow the Brother Printer troubleshooting user guide to fix this issue. The steps to troubleshoot the paper jam issue in Brother Printer are given below:
- Remove the power cord from your printer and power outlet
- Now, open the lid of the printer and check for any jammed paper
- You can also check at the main paper tray area for jammed paper
- If you find any type of jammed paper, remove it gently
- In case the paper is jammed in between the cartridges then remove the cartridges to remove the paper
- After removing the paper, close the printer lid carefully
After going through the above steps, you will be able to fix the Brother Printer paper jammed issues.
In short, the Brother Printer troubleshooting user guide is the best option to fix printer-related issues. People who are facing problems with their Brother machine need to read this post till the end to find help with the printer issues. In case you are still facing any type of issue with your Brother machine then reset the printer or check for any hardware issue with the printer.