Canon Printer comes with highly advanced printing technologies. Millions of people are using Canon Printers to print papers at their offices and home. Usually, Canon Printer users do not face any issues while using their printer but sometimes they may face issues. If you are one of those who have a Canon Printer and are not able to print papers using it as it is showing Canon Printer offline status then you have visited the right page. You may face printer offline status due to several factors. But the most probable factor is that the router is not working. This read will help you to fix offline status from your Canon Printer easily and quickly. Let’s move forward to start discussing the way to fix the Canon Printer offline issues.
Probable Factors behind the Canon Printer Offline Status
Your printer may show offline status due to factors like:
- The power cord is not connected to the AC power supply
- WiFi is not connected to your Canon Printer
- Outdated Printer Drivers
- Improper printer settings on your computer
These were some common factors that usually create printing problems in Canon Printers. Whenever you face offline status on your printer you need to approach the solutions to resolve these issues. For the people who are not sure about the ways to fix these issues, we have mentioned the solutions in the next section.
Why is my Canon Printer says offline on Windows 10?
If your Windows 10 computer is showing that your printer is offline then it may be due to improper settings or outdated printer drivers. You can fix this issue by configuring the settings on your computer and by updating the printer drivers to the latest version.
People who are not sure about how to configure the Windows 10 printer settings can approach the steps that are given below to do so:
- On your Windows 10 computer, find and click on the ‘Search’ icon
- Now, type ‘Devices and Printers’ in it and press the ‘Enter’ key
Note: If you are not able to detect the Canon Printer from the available devices list then try to add it by following the next steps.
- Find and click on the ‘Add a new device’ option
- Now, look for the address of your Canon Printer
- Provide the WPS Pin in the required fields
- After submitting the WPS Pin, you need to click on the ‘Install’ button
- Now, wait for a short while and let your computer connect with your printer
- Finally, you can check that the Canon Printer offline issues have been fixed or not
How to fix Canon Printer offline on Mac?
People who are facing the printer offline status need to approach the steps that are given below. Before moving towards the steps, confirm that the computer and printer are connected to the same WiFi network and the router is in working condition. Let’s know how to fix the Canon Printer offline issue on Mac:
- Find and click on the ‘Apple’ icon on your Mac
- Now, choose the ‘System Preferences’ option
- Then, find and click on the ‘Devices’ option
Note: If you do not find the address of your printer in the devices list then you need to add your Canon Printer to the list.
- Click on the ‘Add a device’ option
- Look for the name of your printer on your screen
- Find the name and click on it
- Now, enter the WPS Pin to authenticate the connection process
- Then, find and click ‘Install’ to set up your Canon Printer to Mac
- After installing the printer, check whether the offline status has been resolved or not
If these steps don’t help you to fix the Canon Printer offline status then you need to visit the Canon Printer support page to get the latest version of the printer drivers on your Mac.
How do I get my Canon Printer back online?
You can get your Canon Printer online by updating the printer drivers of the printer. The easy steps to update the Canon Printer drivers are given below:
- Open a browser on your Windows computer or Mac
- Now, visit the Canon Printer support page
- On this page, you need to type the model number of the printer
- Then, look for the driver files of your printer and click on the ‘Download’ option
- Now, wait until the downloading is in progress
- Get the file and right-click on it
- Follow the prompts to install the updates
- Check that the Canon Printer offline issue has been fixed or not
Canon Printer offline troubleshooting
You can troubleshoot the Canon Printer offline issues with the help of quick tips that are given below:
- Check that the printer is connected to the AC power outlet or not
- Confirm that all the cables and printer hardware is in good condition
- Check that printer is connected to the WiFi network or not
- Update the printer drivers on your device
- Ensure that the router is in working mode
- Reset the Canon Printer and then try to set up the connection between your computer and printer
To sum up, the Canon Printers may show offline status on your Windows 10 computer and Mac. However, the way to fix the offline status is not so difficult. But you need to pay attention to the quickest solutions to fix it. We have mentioned the solutions to troubleshoot the Canon Printer offline status on your computer in this post. If you are facing the Canon Printer not printing issue then you need to contact the Canon Printer support agent to fix this issue immediately. To be updated with the ink level of your cartridges you can set up your account on the Canon.com/ijsetup page. Hopefully, you have learned about the solutions to fix the Canon Printer offline status with the help of this post.