With dozens of printer options to choose from, many people still prefer to purchase Canon Printers for getting fine quality and expected print results. Canon offers a wide range of printers that are designed to meet the varied printing needs of the users. At the same time, these printers are expected to work incessantly without giving you any kind of technical issues. However, after a few years of usage, these printers may not work as efficiently as they work at the time of the initial stage of the product usage. And today, as it is clear from the title, we are going to have a discussion on one such problem that is frequently faced by the users “Canon Printer not responding.”
In this post, we shall have a detailed discussion on the reasons behind this issue, how to fix this error on Windows 10 as well as the causes why this error is showing up on a Mac device.
Why is my Canon Printer not responding?
There could be a list of reasons why your printer is not responding to our print commands. Among them, the following are the most probable causes that are leading to this issue:
- The printer is receiving interrupted power supply
- The wired internet connection cable you are using to connect is not securely connected
- If you are using a USB cable to connect your printer to the computer, then it is possible that the cable is inoperative
- In the case of wireless connection, the router or the wireless access point may not be working properly
- Your Canon printer is offline because the “Use printer online” setting is disabled
Fix Canon printer not responding Windows 10
The following fixes can be applied to Canon MX490, Canon MG3600, Canon MX920, and various other models of Canon printer. So, check out and follow these solutions one by one to get rid of the Canon Printer not responding error at the earliest:
Begin with basic troubleshooting
- If you are using a USB cable for the connection, you can try to remove it and reconnect it back to its place after some time
- You can also try to plug the USB cable into other ports and see if it helps in fixing the issue
- Instead of using a USB Hub for the connection, you can try to establish a direct connection for better results
- Power off and power on the printer as well as the printer after waiting for some time
- If you have connected your printer wirelessly, then you need to check if everything is fine with your router or the access point
Run the printer troubleshooter
In Windows devices, there is a built-in troubleshooter that helps you with some minor printing problems. So, let us now learn the steps to run this printer troubleshooter:
- Press the Windows logo key on your keyboard
- In the given space, type “Troubleshoot”
- Choose “Troubleshoot” from the results
- Open it and choose “Printer”
- And, then choose “Run the troubleshooter”
Why is my Canon printer not responding on Mac?
Among several reasons why your Canon printer not responding on Mac, the most obvious reasons for the same are listed below:
- There are a lot of print jobs stuck in the printer spooler service
- Your Mac is not connected to the same network as your printer
- You have installed the wrong printer driver or the available printer driver is outdated
- The cables that are connected to your printer have not been plugged in properly
- There is some hardware issue with the printer
- The printer drivers that you have installed from canon.com/ijsetup is not compatible with your Mac device
For instance, if you are using Canon MX470, Canon MG2900, and Canon MP560, then you may need to check if you have properly configured your printer with the computer. If you ever see the “Canon Printer not responding” issue with your printer, then the first thing that you need to do is fix any connection-related issues and check if you have installed the compatible printer drivers or not.