Have you purchased a Canon Printer recently? People who have bought a new Canon printing device need to set up it wirelessly to start printing work with it. After completing the hardware and software installation process, you will be able to print, scan, copy, and fax wirelessly. But what if you are confused about the way to install your printer wirelessly and you do not have the driver installation CD. Users who do not have the CD and looking to install Canon Printer without it can easily do so with the help of the processes that we are going to discuss in the next section of this post. Make sure that your computer has an updated version of the browser and it is connected to a stable internet connection then you need to go through the next sections that are given below.
Way to install Canon Printer without CD on Windows & Mac
Whether you are using a Mac or Windows computer, you can easily install a Canon Printer on it by approaching the process that is given below. You can also use an Ethernet cable to set up the printer to your computer.
Way to install Canon Printer without CD on Windows
Windows computer users can install Canon Printer without a CD by visiting the Canon Support page. The quick and easy steps to install Canon Printer without CD on your Windows computer are given below:
- Switch ON your Windows computer and click on the ‘Start’ icon
- Now, click on the ‘Settings’ icon to proceed to the next screen
- From the screen, choose the ‘Devices’ option
- Now, look for the ‘Devices and printers’ option and click on it
- After that, find and click on the ‘Add a printer’ option
- If your computer is not able to detect any printing device, open a browser on it
- Now, visit the Canon Printer Support page to find the compatible driver file
- When found, you need to click on the ‘Search by model name’ box
- Now, type the model name of your printer in that box
- After that, click on the ‘Download’ button next to the driver setup file
- Once the file completes the downloading process, keep following the prompts to install it
- Now, go back to the devices section and keep following the rest prompts to install the Canon Printer
Method to install the Canon Printer without CD on Mac
Mac users who are looking to install Canon Printer without a CD on it need to follow the path that is given below:
- On your Mac, you need to find and click on the ‘Apple’ icon
- Approach the ‘System Preferences’ section and click on it
- Now, you need to select the ‘Devices and printers’ option
- After that, you will find the ‘Add a new printer’ option, click on it
- Now, you are asked to look for the model name of your printer
- If you are not able to find the printer, click on the ‘Download driver’ option
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to install the driver
- Once you finish the driver installation process, you will be able to install the printer
After approaching the above processes you will be able to install Canon Printer on your Windows or Mac. To avoid any type of issue, make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same WiFi network.
To sum up, users who do not have the CD can easily download and install the Canon Printer driver by visiting the Canon.com/ijsetup page. Make sure to choose the compatible full feature driver setup file to avoid issues. Now, if you are not sure about the installation process, you can easily do so with the help of the processes that are given in the above sections. We are confident that this post has given you a quick idea to install Canon Printer without a CD.