Have you ever encountered a situation wherein your brother printer says check connection when trying to scan? Or there is a situation where you are unable to command your printer? Well, the “brother printer says check connection when trying to scan” error on the printer generally pops up when you are scanning the document on the Brother printer and the printer does not recognize the connection of the USB cable, LAN cable, or wireless network. It is very much easy to fix the error. All you need is to follow the instructions that are directed in this article. Let us learn the basics to fix the brother printer scan check connection error and deal with the error.
Tips and tricks to fix the brother printer scan check connection error
Through this section you will get to learn some tips and tricks to deal with this error:
- Uninstall and restart the system along with the application.
- You can try to scan a document using the “Scan” option from the Control center software.
- If the printers respond to your query via the Control center but not from the “Scan” button, then you should check the Firewall settings.
- Check the firewall settings as there can be a possibility that the security application is blocking your scanner communication.
- If it is turned on, then you can turn it off and try to scan the document again.
- You can try to scan a document by a tap on the “Scan” button.
- If the device scans the document, then it means that the firewall was blocking communication.
- Remember, if you are unable to scan, then check if the “Scan to” button is registered on the network.
- If the error message on the control center is received when scanning, then you can use the Control center software.
- If the control center software is not installed, then you can download the scanner driver from the brother website.
- Remember, if the machine is connected to the wifi connection and it is unable to scan a document, then there is a possibility that 2 or more computers are connected to the network that is causing the issue.
- You need to check the pc for 2 or more active network connections.
- Ensure that the computer is connected to more than two wireless connections.
- Just choose one connection and disable the other connections.
- Turn off your Brother printer, computer, and router.
- Wait for 30 seconds before your turn all the devices on.
- Opt for power flee by excess power outage is removed from the device.
- Uninstall the scanner driver of the Brother printer and reboot the computer after which you have to reinstall the scanner driver to fix the brother printer scan check connection error.
- Once the installation process gets complete, you need to try to scan a document by clicking on the scan button on the device.
- If you have a PC in your spare then you can try to scan the document via computer.
- If it is still not working or you are facing brother printer scan check connection error, then you can get in touch with the Brother Printer Support assistants.
Throughout this article, we have tried to explain the tips and tricks to fix the brother printer says check connection when trying to scan error. Then you can visit the official website and get assistance from the customer support assistants for the solutions to deal with the brother printer scan check connection issue.