Brother Printers have made their way to the spotlight with efficient inkjet and laserjet printers that have left a mark on its success all over the world. A great Japanese-based company that has been, since its inception, specializing in creating office supplies and equipment manufactures the products of this particular brand. Another interesting thing to know about the brand is that there are applications for your computer that you can use to enhance your experience with printing. Here in this read, we’ll be focusing on helping you connect Brother Printer to WiFi- details on creating a connection without a CD, creating a WiFi connection via Mac or phone, and a brief section for the times when it doesn’t connect to the WiFi.
Learn to connect Brother Printer to WiFi without CD
This part of the read will help you connect your Brother printer to WiFi without a CD:
- Connect the Brother Printer to a power source and turn it on.
- Wait for it to start and go on to hit the “Menu” option tab on the printer’s control panel.
- Navigate the screen with arrow options to get into the option that reads “Network” and hit “OK”.
- Hit on the “WLAN” tab followed by “OK” (this step might get skipped in different machines).
- Go on to “Setup Wizard” and hit “OK”, and when “WLAN Enable?” appears on screen, allow it with “Yes”.
- Follow the upcoming instruction prompts and complete the wireless connection without a CD.
Learn how to connect Brother printer to WiFi Mac
Here, you’ll learn about the explicit steps that will guide you through the process to connect Brother Printer to WiFi using a Mac:
- Initiate the connecting process by turning the printer on
- Choose the type of connection you are on.
- Now, head to the “Apple Menu” and get into “System Preferences”.
- Choose among and hit on the “Print & Fax” “Print & Scan” or “Printers & Scanners” icon.
- Hit on the “+” icon and then hit on “Default” to tap your printer from the list of “Printer Names”.
- Keep up with the on-screen prompts that help you connect your Brother Printer to the WiFi with the help of a Mac.
Learn how to connect Brother Printer to phone
To connect Brother Printer to WiFi via your phone, there is not much that you have to do. As mentioned above, Brother Printers have applications to help with enhancing the print experience, you would only have to download the app for your smartphone. And keep up with the configuration instructions that get displayed on the screen. And you can manage your printer simply from your phone.
Why Brother Printer won’t connect to WiFi
There can be many reasons for the problem to surface however, we have some solutions for you- Try rebooting the printer and the router for at least a minute, turn off and on the WiFi on the Brother Printer, and at last try the Brother printer set up by the method that requires the WPS Pin on Brother Printer.
The detailed read above has been focused on getting you through the process to connect Brother Printer to WiFi. Along with that, you’d find explicit steps to do it without a CD, using a Mac device, and on your phone followed by details on resolving the issue of wireless connection interruption of the Brother Printer.
Read – Set up your Brother machine on a wireless network
How do I make my Brother printer discoverable on WiFi?
- Turn the wireless mode on with the “press & hold” method on the Wireless Mode button.
- Release the Wireless Mode key as soon as the WiFi LED is seen to be lit.
- Connect your Brother Printer to your computer using a USB data cable.
- Initiate the Printer Setting Tool on the computer and head to “Communication Setting”.
- Follow the rest of the on-screen instruction prompts to complete the process.
Why is my Brother printer not connecting to my computer?
- Begin with checking the status of your Brother Printer.
- Evaluate the network connection between your printer and your computer.
- Ensure the correct settings for the printer drivers.
- Give printing from other applications a try.
- Reboot both your computer and your Brother Printer.
- Uninstall and reinstall the required print drivers for Brother Printer.
- Ensure that your Brother Printer gets recognized by the Devise Manager.
Where is the IP address on a Brother printer?
- Head to the “Menu” button and then navigate yourself to the “WLAN” option.
- Use the “Up-arrow” and choose the WLAN Status.
- Get into the “Infrastructure Mode”.
- As you see the network connection settings, you’ll find your IP Address.