Brother printers are being used for carrying out printing tasks in different organizations. But, after its continuous and non-stop usage, sometimes, it may start to display an error message hinting about the Brother Printer in error state. But, this should not stop you from completing the printing task as you can easily fix the issue by merely following some quick troubleshooting ways to fix the issue. No matter what the reason behind Brother Printer going in error state is, but there are certain known factors that are responsible for the issue.
The error state of Brother Printer could arise due to updates, inaccurate setup, paper jamming issues, faulty cartridges or low ink levels, or issues related to connectivity. As soon as you are able to find out the reason, you will no longer have to face the issue. So, in today’s article, we shall try to find out what could be the probable reasons for Brother Printer in error state issue along with the method to fix it on Windows 10 and Mac.
Why my Brother Printer is in an error state?
Some of the most common reasons why your printer is in an error state are listed below. Find out the most appropriate reason that relates to your printer and performing the corresponding workaround:
- There could be a problem with the BIOS of your device
- Your printer or PC has been attacked by a virus/malware
- The printer driver installed on your PC is corrupted
- The connected cords or cables are not plugged in properly
- The printer drivers installed on your PC are corrupt or outdated
- Windows System File present in your device is creating a hurdle
- The ports on your printer or PC are not working
Ways to fix brother printer in error state Windows 10
If your printer displays brother printer offline error or any other error, then you may use the methods given below to get it out of the error state:
Way 1- check the connectivity
The very first thing you should do in this scenario is to check the connectivity of your device with the printer. This can be done by simply making sure that all the cables of your printer are properly connected to your device and the cables are not loosely plugged.
Way 2- check if your printer is set as default
Next up, you need to verify that your Brother Printer is chosen as the default printer on your device. If that is not the case, then you should go to the printer settings of your device and set Brother Printer as the default one.
Way 3- re-install printer driver
Installing the latest updates of your printer driver or re-installing the drivers completely is one of the best things you can try to fix Brother Printer in error state issue. Simply, uninstall the printer first and then navigate to the official website of Brother to install the latest version of the Brother Printer driver.
Fix Brother Printer in error state Mac
You can try all the methods listed in the section given above to fix any issue with your Brother printer such as brother printer not printing or Brother Printer in error state. Apart from this, you can also do the following:
- First of all, unplug all the cables from your printer, plug them back in, and then restart the printer
- Check if all the cables or wires are plugged in properly in the correct ports or not
- Re-installing the printer drivers or updating them might also help
- You can also clear or reset the print spooler service of your printer
- Make sure that the “Use printer offline” feature has been disabled
Here, we have clearly discussed all the possible ways through which you can get your printer out of the error state. If you are still experiencing the brother printer in error state issue on your printer, then you may go to the official website of Brother and find out some helpful topics regarding the same. Else, you can seek professional support or get your printer serviced.