Are you experiencing communication issues while using your Epson Printer? Is your Epson Printer showing a “Printer not connected” error on its display? If yes, then you do not need to worry about it as we are going to discuss all probable solutions that can be a big help for you to clear out the Epson Printer communication error. Users of Epson Printer generally face this type of error when the printer loses connection with the connected devices. So, if your printer has lost communication with the computer, mobile, laptops, etc. then you need to find out the quick solutions to fix this error.
Losing the connection to the printer and other devices might be a serious problem for you. And, you may not be able to print using your printers such as Epson ET-2550 Printer, Epson Workforce 3620, Epson Printer NX620, Epson Printer WF 3640, Epson Printer WF-2530, etc. However, you can easily get over these issues by diagnosing the actual reason after the issue and implementing quick solutions. Let’s get started to learn about the ways to fix the Epson Printer communication error.
Solutions to Resolve the Epson Printer Communication Error
You may face communication errors on Epson Printer due to reasons such as WiFi connection issue, the printer driver is not updated, damaged USB cables, the nozzle being clogged, no power issue, and low system memory issue on your computer. Whatever the reason is, you can quickly clear out the Epson Printer communication error by approaching the solutions given in the next sections:
Solution 1: Check the cable connections
Epson Printer may not be able to communicate with another device in case the USB cable that is connected to your printer is not inserted properly or it is broken somewhere. In such a case you need to check the cable connections properly to fix the issues. Also, ensure that the main power cord is connected with the AC power outlet to avoid issues.
Solution 2: Ensure the WiFi connection
Make sure that your printer and PC/computer are connected to the same WiFi network. In case the router is not working and your printer has lost the connection then you need to reconnect the printer with the router. People who are facing the improper printer settings issue need to follow the steps that are given below to re-establish the connection.
- On your Windows/MacOS computer, find the ‘Search’ box
- Type ‘Settings’ in it and then press the ‘Enter’ button
- Get to the ‘Settings’ and click on it to view more options
- Reach to the ‘Printers and Devices’ option and click on it
- Now, look for the address of your printer and click on it
- Detect the ‘Set as default’ option and click on it
- Check whether the Epson Printer communication error has been fixed or not
- Finally, you have added your printer as a default printer
Solution 3: Fix printer driver outdated issue
In case your printer drivers are outdated then you need to update it to fix the communication error in your Epson Printer. People who are not aware of the way to update the Epson Printer drivers need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Open a browser on your Mac/Windows PC
- Visit the Epson Printer Support webpage
- Now, you need to get to the search box of this page
- Type ‘Model name’ of your Epson Printer
- Navigate to the ‘Download’ button and click on it
- Now, wait for a while and let the browser download the setup file
- Follow the path to install the setup file on your computer/PC
- In the end, reach the ‘Finish Setup’ option and click on it
After updating the printer driver of your computer/laptop, you will be able to fix the Epson Printer communication error.
Solution 4: Reset the Epson Printer
Resetting the Epson Printer may help you to fix the communication issue that you are facing with it. In case you are not sure with the way to reset the Epson Printer then you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Make sure that your Epson Printer is ON
- Now, get to the power cord that is connected back to your printer and remove it
- Also, remove the power cord from the AC power outlet
- Wait for a while and then re-connect the power cord back to its position
- Now, locate the ‘Power’ button and click on it
- Take a print test to check whether the Epson Printer communication error has been fixed or not
Solution 5: Clean the print head
In case the printer nozzle is clogged then you may face a communication error on your Epson Printer. However, you can easily fix this issue by cleaning the print head of your Epson Printer. The process to clean the print head of your printer is given below.
- Head to your printer and remove the lid carefully
- Now, you need to remove the nozzles from their place carefully
- Keep the nozzles on a flat surface carefully
- Now, wipe the print head using a clean and lint-free cloth
- After cleaning the print head, you need to re-insert the nozzles to their position
- Now, take a print test to confirm whether the Epson Printer communication error has been resolved or not
Pro Tip: After approaching the above solutions, in case you are still facing the Epson Printer communication error then you need to use the “Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility” to get rid of the Epson Printer offline issues.
In short, a communication error simply indicates that there is any type of connection issue with your Epson Printer. Once you get this error, you will not able to print documents using your printer. To tackle this frustrating situation, you need to look for the actual reason behind the error. For your help, we have discussed some definite solutions above on this page that will let you fix the Epson Printer communication error easily and quickly. Hopefully, you have fixed the Epson Printer communication issues with the help of this post.