Canon is a popular brand that provides photography and printing devices. This company has a large catalog of next-gen printing devices to fulfill the needs of general consumers and businesses. Its PIXMA and imageCLASS series have been widely used. Canon makes inkjet and laser both types of printers, both color, and monochrome, and has a long list of budget printers. Using a Canon Printer is not difficult and you can also get colorful printouts within a few seconds using a Canon wireless printer. But at some moments, you might face issues with the printer paper quality. The issues that you generally face with your Canon Printer print quality usually arise due to low ink or improper cartridges installation. So, if you are also one of them who are getting the “Canon Printer printing blank Pages” issue then you must know the procedure to fix this issue.
Why is my Canon Printer printing blank pages?
Here on this page, you will learn about the factors that create print quality issues with your Canon Printer and the solutions to clear out these issues. There would be different reasons behind the Canon Printer not printing issue and some of the top reasons are as follows:
- Low ink level or improper cartridges installation
- The printer’s nozzles are clogged
- Canon Printer driver software is outdated
- Improper driver settings on your Mac or Windows
These are the most common factors that can lead Canon Printer printing blank papers issue. Make sure that you have connected your printer to the AC power supply and then approach the next sections to learn about different processes to resolve the Canon Printer printing blank papers. But before that, ensure that you are using the standard cartridges on your Canon Printer.
Quick Solutions to Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages Issues
A Canon Printer which has a cartridge with low ink levels may not be able to give clear printouts. Or there is a problem with cartridges installation. In such a case, you need to follow the tips that are given below to fix the Canon Printer printing blank paper issue.
- If you have subscribed for Canon Printer inkjet services then visit the Canon.com/inkjet page to check the ink levels.
- You can also check the ink levels of your printer cartridges manually by removing the cartridges from the printer.
- If the cartridges are empty then you need to install the new cartridges immediately.
- Check that you have cartridges are installed properly or not. If not, open the lid, remove the cartridges, and then re-install the cartridges to fix the issue.
- Also, check for any jammed paper in between the cartridges. If you find any jammed paper then you need to remove it carefully to re-start the printing work.
Why is my Canon Printer printing blank pages when it has ink?
Your Canon Printer may print blank pages even after having the proper ink level due to outdated driver software or if the nozzle is clogged. The following tips will help you to fix the Canon Printer printing blank papers issue:
- Check that you are using the standard cartridges on your printer or not
- If the printer’s nozzle is clogged then you need to remove the nozzles and then clean it with the help of the clean cotton cloth.
- If it does not work, turn on your computer and check that the drivers are of the latest version or not. If required, go to the Canon Printer support page, find the latest version, and follow the path to install the latest version.
- You can also check whether the printer is connected to your computer not. If not, go to the printer driver settings to set your Canon Printer as a default printer.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer printing blank pages Mac
If you are a Mac user, you may face a Canon Printer printing blank pages issue due to an older version of the driver software on your desktop or PC. Now, approach the steps that are given below to install the latest version of the Canon Printer driver on your Mac:
- Establish the connection between your printer and Mac via an Ethernet cable
- Check that your Mac is connected to the internet connection or not
- Go to the Canon Printer Support page to find the driver files
- From this page, find the compatible printer driver for your Mac
- Now, follow the rest downloading and installation path
- Then, take a print test to ensure your Canon Printer has started printing properly or not
Fixing the Canon imageCLASS printing blank pages
If you are using a Canon image class printer but it is printing blank pages then you need to apply the solutions that are given below:
- Check that the ink levels are okay on your Canon Printer. If the levels are low, you need to install new cartridges on your printer.
- If there is any jammed paper in the cartridges of your printer, remove it carefully.
- Also, ensure that the cartridges are installed correctly or not. If required, remove the cartridges and then re-install them back to their positions properly.
- Confirm whether you are using an updated Canon imageCLASS printer driver software or not.
- Open the print head and check whether the printer nozzles are clean or not. If required, remove the head and clean the nozzles carefully to avoid the issues.
Troubleshooting Canon Printer prints blank pages first
If your Canon Printer is printing blank pages randomly, it could be due to empty cartridges, an older version of the Canon Printer driver software, or a congested nozzle head. If you are also facing such an issue, follow these tips to fix the Canon Printer printing blank pages issue:
- Switch off your Canon Printer. Now, check for the clogged print heads. When found, clean the print head with the help of a clean cloth.
- If there is an issue with the cartridges, remove the cartridges, take the new cartridges, and then install them properly.
- If the above doesn’t help, check that the driver settings are proper. If not, you need to visit the “Settings” of your printer, and then you need to configure the settings on your device.
Read – How to fix Canon printer not responding error?
In short, a canon printer gives high-quality printouts in both inkjet and LaserJet printers. If you are using a Canon Pixma or imageCLASS printer then you must use the standard cartridges on it to avoid printing quality issues. We suggest you replace the old cartridges of your printer with a new one to avoid the issues of the blank pages. In case you usually forget to check the ink level on your Canon Printer, you can subscribe to the Canon inkjet services. The above processes that we have mentioned above on this page can be helpful for the other Canon Printer models such as Canon MX922, Canon MX490, and Canon mg3600. In case you are still facing the Canon Printer blank pages issues then you need to contact a Canon Printer Support agent. Surely, this read has helped you to fix the Canon Printer printing blank pages issues.