In this era, we need to perform many printing jobs regularly. Having a printer at the home or office not only removes the printing hassle but also saves your money and time. Whether you are a student, teacher, professional, or own a small business, getting a printer for your daily printing needs becomes one of the priority works for you. In case you are in search of an all-in-one printing device then you can search may end at the HP DeskJet 2600 printers. HP Printers provides a wide list of printer models and DeskJet 2600 comes with a compact design and all other latest features that will not disappoint you definitely in case you choose this model. Once you bring a new HP Printer for your home or office work, you must know the HP DeskJet 2600 wireless setup to start the printing works.
But in case you are not familiar with the HP Printer wireless setup process then you should not worry about it as we are going to discuss different ways to connect a new printer to the WiFi network. But before that, make sure that you have connected the cables of the printer to the proper place and it is placed on a flat surface. Now, check whether your WiFi router is working or not, and then approach the next section of this post.
HP DeskJet 2600 all-in-one printer setup Wifi password
If you have the password details of your WiFi router then you can attempt the steps that are given below to set up your HP DeskJet 2600 printer wirelessly without getting any errors:
- Check that your printer and computer are connected to the same WiFi network
- Also, look for the working condition of the WiFi router
- If everything is okay, connect your printer to the AC power outlet
- Ensure that cables are connected properly and press the power button
- Now, approach the control panel of your printer and click on the ‘Wireless’ icon
- Then, read the instructions and choose the ‘Network’ to proceed
- In this section, you need to find and click on the ‘Wireless Setup’ option
- Now, on this screen, select the ‘Connect to WiFi’ option
- Search for the available routers in your area and choose yours
- When asked, provide the password details to connect the router with the HP DeskJet 2600 printer
- After entering the password, check it once and then click on the ‘OK’ button
- Now, you have completed the HP DeskJet 2600 wireless setup process
How to connect HP DeskJet 2600 to Wifi without WPS
If you have the password details of your router’s network and you are not looking to use the WPS button to establish the wireless connection between your HP Printer and WiFi. The quick steps that are given below will let you connect the HP DeskJet 2600 to WiFi without WPS:
- Check for the cable connection status of your printer
- Now, connect the printer to the AC power supply and press the power button
- Go to the control panel of your printer and choose the ‘Wireless’ icon
- On the next prompt, you need to choose the ‘Network’ option to proceed
- Now, get to the ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ option and choose it
- Then, you need to select the ‘Connect printer to WiFi’ option
- Now, search for the available networks in your area
- Then, click on the network SSID of your printer
- In the next field, type the password of your router carefully
- Check the details once and click on the ‘OK’ button
After going through the above steps, you will be able to connect your printer to the WiFi using the password details. In case you do not have the password details then you can use the WPS button to establish the connection between your HP DeskJet 2600 and router.
What is the network security key for HP DeskJet 2600?
The network security key is confidential information that you need to provide to establish the wireless connection between the printer and router. This information is highly confidential and you should not share it with outsiders. If you are not able to find the network security key for your HP DeskJet 2600 printer then you can easily recover it by resetting the router to the factory settings. But in case you are in hurry and not looking to do that then you should use the WPS button that is given on the back of your router to complete the HP DeskJet 2600 wireless setup process.
In short, HP Printer DeskJet 2600 printers are laced with the WLAN features. You need to go through the wireless setup process to make these printers ready for the printing works. If you have the password details of your home or office network and looking to connect your router to the HP DeskJet 2600 Printer then you can easily do so with the help of the quick processes that we have described above in this post. All you need to do is, connect your printer to the power, go to the Wireless Setup wizard, find your network, and type the password details carefully to complete the HP DeskJet 2600 wireless setup process. During the setup process if asked, go to the 123.hp.com/setup page to find and install the compatible driver software on your computer. We recommend you to use the HP Printer Assistant download software to keep the driver software updated on your DeskJet 2600 printer.