While printing any document from the Epson printer, it is supposed to make the document completely printer-friendly which means it converts the document into such a file that is easily readable by the printer. However, at times, a printer may not be able to complete this task due to which it may show an error message on your screen saying “Epson printer filter failed”. Hence, if you are also seeing this error message on your screen, then you definitely need to take steps to get this issue resolved and resume your printing task.
Although this could happen due to several different reasons, therefore you may not be able to figure out the actual cause behind it. Thus, to help our readers with the same, we are going to list some definite causes along with the method to fix these issues as soon as possible.
Why am I seeing Epson stopped filter failed error?
As already said above, there could be different reasons why you are facing this issue on your device, but if you follow the directions given in this article, we are sure you will soon get rid of this issue and can go ahead with resuming your printing work. So, here is the list of reasons that we think might have caused the issue with your printer.
- The failed, incomplete, or inappropriately installed printer drivers are the major cause of this problem
- In case you have not made the paper settings correctly, then also you are going to see this error on your screen
- In case you have configured your printer in such a manner that it could not read different document types, the issue is sure to trouble you
- Lastly, if you deliberately or mistakenly disable the sharing option on your printer, the issue “Epson printer filter failed” is surely going to hamper you
Resolutions to fix Epson printer Mac filter failed
If you are constantly seeing this error while trying to print through your Mac device, then you can fix the issue by following the methods that I am going to list below:
Install fresh printer driver files
As we have already mentioned that the major cause of this issue could be failed or incompletely installed printer drivers, therefore installing the printer drivers afresh is one of the best things you can do to fix the problem. No matter you are using a Windows device or a Mac you can perform this troubleshooting task on any device. However, Mac users can apply the steps that are listed below:
- Go to the “Print and Fax” section of your device
- From there, select the model of your printer and click the minus sign
- Follow the prompts to delete your printer and its related files
- Then, you need to go to the official website of Epson
- Choose your printer model and install the new driver files for your printer model
Enable the sharing option
- Open the “Start” menu of your device
- After this, click on the “Control Panel” menu
- Now, go to the “System Settings” menu
- After that, you need to click on the “Sharing” option
- Thereafter, you have to enter the model number of your printer
- Finally, you need to exit the setup to pair your system with the printer
These were the most relevant and appropriate details on the causes as well as resolutions to fix the Epson printer filter failed issue on your devices, Mac or Windows. In case you are not able to fix the problem by performing these solutions, you may need to seek technical assistance or find someone who can help you with the same. Also, you can try to change the paper settings of your printer from the printer settings on your device. Additionally, users are suggested to make sure that all the settings that you have configured for your printer are appropriate.